2019 In Review
It is almost that time of the year when we can take a moment to reflect on the previous 12 months.
However, before sharing with you our highlights from 2019, we are delighted to be able to announce the arrival of another new partner.
Adam Ramlugon has joined Hannaford Turner LLP as a partner in the firm. Adam advises clients in the superyacht and private aviation sectors on both contentious and non-contentious matters and his arrival further bolsters the firm’s superyacht and luxury asset practice. We are thrilled to have him on board.
- Our commercial shipping and ship finance practices continued to be busy. Our lawyers were involved in a range of maritime construction, finance and commercial projects and disputes - sometimes large, sometimes complex but each one different and each one exciting. As befits a truly international industry, our lawyers travelled far and wide, as projects took them from China to Canada, Mozambique to Monaco.
- In February, Paul Turner joined us from Clyde & Co., providing another big name to our commercial and ship finance offering.
- In May we moved premises to new offices, still centrally located in the City of London but with more space (for growth) and more meeting rooms (for clients). The reaction from clients and staff alike has been very positive.
- In July, the firm celebrated the launch of the Chambers and Partners High Net Worth Guide 2019. The guide ranks the top lawyers and law firms for international private wealth from more than 50 countries around the world. We were delighted to see the firm recognised as a leading law firm globally in the yachts and superyachts section of the guide with partners Paul Turner and Mark Needham being singled out as industry leaders in the superyacht sector.
- Over the summer, the firm was singled out by Chambers to receive its "Emerging Law Firm of the Year 2019" Award at the Chambers High Net Worth Awards Gala Dinner, as well as seeing Acquisition International award us the "Best Shipping and Maritime Firm of 2019".
- To close Q3, we were pleased to see the publication of the Eighth Edition of The Private Wealth & Private Client Review which includes a chapter contributed by partners Justin Turner and Mark Needham focusing on superyacht ownership - a digital version of which is available here.
- Many of our lawyers have been practising in specific sectors for many years and all frequently participate in relevant industry events. Whether it is ferry sector conferences, superyacht shows, lecturing on maritime law at the University of Southampton, a UK MCA/Ship Register reception at the House of Lords or various BIMCO documentary sub-committee meetings developing the next crucial industry standard form, all our team members are committed, interested and involved in the sectors in which their principal clients operate.
We are proud to act for exceptional clients across a broad range of shipping, superyacht and luxury asset related legal matters and would like to take this opportunity to thank our clients and friends for their support. Our New Year’s resolution is to get out and visit our wider network - we would love to meet up with you in Q1 next year!